|H & H Mini Unit Storage Office now located at 4760 IL Route 173, Poplar Grove, IL 61065|
Call (815)943-6629 for Assistance or to Make an Appointment.
Storage Tips and Packing Suggestions
H & H Mini Unit Storage carries a full line of packing and self storage materials including high quality locks, boxes, tissue, tape, markers, and specialized packing materials for mattresses, glassware, mirrors and much more at our Poplar Grove facility.
- Plan your storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front.
Allow for walkways.
- Make a complete list of all stored goods. Include brand names, product features, and serial numbers.
Keep the list in a safe place away from the storage space.
- Place your storage items on 2 X 4 boards or on pallets to guard against dampness.
Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- Caution: Do not store anything combustible (i.e., paint thinner, gasoline,
solvents, paint, etc.)
- Store small items like stereos, TV's, etc. in the back of the storage space in unmarked boxes
with larger and heavier pieces in front of them.
- Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. Be sure your boxes are strong enough to hold
25 to 30 pounds. (It is best not to put too much in each box.)
- To minimize dust damage, wrap electronics and furniture in plastic, linens, or clean paper.
- Take photos or videotape a record of stored goods. Keep this material in a safe place away from the storage space.
- List contents of boxes on all four sides; number the boxes and seal them with tape.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in bubble wrap or paper and packed in sturdy boxes or with linens for extra protection. If
placed in boxes, stack them on top.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in bubble wrap or cardboard, marked "FRAGILE" and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, knick-knacks, china, silverware, small items, etc. Wrap
them in tablecloths, towels, or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances make excellent "packing cases" for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes. Just make sure the applicances are completely clean and dry before you store anything in them!
- Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside one another.
- Tables having removeable legs should be "broken down" to save space.
- Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space. Always place a protective cover under the item on the
concrete. Cushions should be wrapped in plastic and placed on top.
- If you stand mattresses on their side, "prop" them up so they stand straight. They may tend to bend out of shape and
- Rent the smallest amount of space you need and pack the space full.
- Prepare your space by placing a protective cover on the floor under your goods.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Use a good quality lock on your door. Cheap locks rust and do not provide good security.
us | Storage
sizes | Directions
and Questions ||
|Ⓒ H & H Mini Unit Storage 2022 All Rights Reserved|